Mastery of the strategic visioning principles, processes, behaviours and skills necessary to create a vision of a desired future state for the organization or business unit.
Learning and Application:
• Understand the difference between linear planning, historical problem solving, and designing a way forward.
• Understand and apply the process of creating the future you want.
• Understand and apply strategic visioning principles in the light of current constraints, critical success factors, emerging trends and future uncertainties.
• Be able to competently apply the behaviors and skills of strategic visioning.
• A realistic, but exciting and innovative vision.
• A forward thinking vision that still retains a sense of heritage.
• A vision based on long term success criteria.
• A holistic vision which has regard for internal and external factors, emerging trends and future uncertainties.
• A vision supported by plans for action to create the desired future.
Behaviors and Skills:
• Solving complex problems
• Dealing with lack of control
• Dealing with constraints
• Intuiting the future
• Using problem and opportunity analysis
• Reviewing past for dominant and emerging themes
• Building on what’s working currently
• Identifying desired future values and beliefs
• Scanning the horizon
• Designing the way forward
• Developing action plans to achieve desired future
• Thinking laterally
• Thinking along multiple lines
• Focusing thinking