Mastery of the facilitation principles, processes, behaviors and skills essential to effectively guiding a group, in a constructive and timely manner, to achieve its meeting objectives.
Learning and Application:
• Understand the drivers of individual and group behavior.
• Understand and apply the principles and process of effective facilitation.
• Understand and apply the methodology to create the right meeting climate and effectively lead the discussion to facilitate group consensus.
• Understand and learn how to deal with disruptive behavior.
• Understand and learn how to deal with power and politics.
• Be able to competently apply the behaviors and skills of meeting facilitation.
• Highly skilled meeting facilitators.
• Group consensus and individual commitment to action.
• Minimal political and personal agendas.
• Optimum meeting durations.
• Achievement of meeting objectives.
Skills & Behaviors:
• Using facilitation communication skills
• Dealing with group think
• Working the group on different levels
• Creating the right climate
• Setting and using ground rules
• Facilitating discussion
• Simultaneously facilitating outputs, processes and relationships
• Unblocking stuck meetings
• Dealing with disruptive behavior
• Developing consensus